BREAKING NEWS
Breaking

728x90

468x60

Wigan accepts Chelsea's bid for Nigerian footballer, Victor Moses


Having agreed on a fee, the 21-year-old will now discuss terms with the London club.
Moses played the opening match of the season - against Chelsea at Wigan's DW Stadium.
"The club can confirm," a statement read on the Wigan website, "that after four unsuccessful bids from Chelsea for Victor Moses, a fifth bid has today finally met the valuation and terms set by Wigan Athletic and been accepted. The player has been given permission to speak with Chelsea."

Wigan's asking price for the 21-year-old is believed to be in the region of £9million.

The Nigeria international's displays toward the end of last season were key in keeping Wigan in the Barclays Premier League and he put in another impressive performance against Chelsea in the Blues' 2-0 victory at the DW Stadium on Sunday.
Wigan forward Victor Moses (left) in action against Chelsea's Mikel Obi last Sunday 
Latics boss Roberto Martinez claimed earlier today there had been no further developments in a potential move, but admitted he was the "wrong man" to ask.
But he revealed every one of his players had a price.
The Spaniard said: 'You will get all sorts of speculation and talk, but the reality is every player has a valuation. If a club matches that valuation, then maybe you have to sit down with the player and there is a decision to be made.'
On Moses, he said: 'Victor is an incredible young man and I think the maturity he showed on Sunday is not normal in a 21-year-old.
'It has been a real joy to see him grow over the last few seasons. We made a massive investment in him as a young man and we are very proud of him.'

Transfer saga: Moses' protracted move has rumbled on for most of the summer
Moses joined Wigan from Crystal Palace on a three-and-a-half-year deal midway through the 2009/10 season for a reported fee of £2.5m.
Should he complete a move to the Champions League winners, it would mean another exciting young attacker for boss Roberto Di Matteo to go with other summer acquisitions Eden Hazard and Oscar.
Martinez has already made four additions to his group this summer, recruiting defender Ivan Ramis, midfielder Fraser Fyvie and striker Arouna Kone on permanent deals from Real Mallorca, Aberdeen and Levante respectively, and Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi on a season-long loan.
And he revealed one more player could come in before the transfer window closes.
'At the moment, we are still looking at if we can bring in maybe another player, but it has to be the right one and he has to be the right character to fit in,' Martinez said.



Click to signup for FREE news updates, latest information and hottest gists everyday


Advertise on NigerianEye.com to reach thousands of our daily users
« PREV
NEXT »

3 comments

  1. U re highly welcome to stamford bridge home of champions.I wish u all d best moses.BLUES 4 LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  2. U re highly welcome to stamford bridge home of champions.I wish u all d best moses.BLUES 4 LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wot a gud signing, d blues, bravo.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop a comment below.
(Comments are moderated. Clean comments will be approved immediately)

Advert Enquires - Reach out to us at NigerianEye@gmail.com